May, 2, 2019 –
Our friends at a local elementary school need a volunteer librarian with management and people skills.
We have connected with them twice recently; one with a gift of bicycles for attendance attainment and two; we helped to stock their in-school library.
Below is the help wanted copy they sent – please help them find the right person and circulate their flyer.
(Contact info on their flyer.)
Carney Academy is looking for a committed library coordinator to manage their volunteer-run library. This is a part-time position requiring about 5 hours a week.
• Manage the library’s email account and answer any inquires
• Recruit volunteers for the library
• Train new volunteers before their first shift
• Manage the volunteer schedule (volunteers sign up for shifts at the beginning of each month)
• Be listed as the main library contact
We also ask that the coordinator fulfill our regular volunteer duties working at least one 2-hour shift a week.
• Assist students with finding books
• Check-out books for students
• Return and re-shelve books
• Monitor library to ensure its clean and organized
• Answer any questions about the space.”