Items We Accept
We’ll re-purpose everything except furniture! Our basic rule is that if an eight year-old can carry it – we’ll take it!
Gently used or new children’s items will be distributed (free) directly to local children-in-need through community agencies and schools.
Some of the “better” adult clothes, household goods and everything else not appropriate for children will be sold in our new Thrift Store, open on Saturdays. For items not saleable in our thrift store, we sell in periodic “yard-sales” or to second-hand businesses or junk dealers. 100% of proceeds go to benefit GiftsToGive.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT: Toy guns, bratz dolls, violent toys, war toys and of course; used baby bottles and breast pumps, used underwear, socks and hygiene supplies.
Here are the things most requested by community agencies for children in-need.
Our “Specific” (Summer 2016) Wish List”
- Children’s clothes; both genders, sizes 2T to 18
- Girl’s sneakers – 8 child to 6.5 adult
- Boy’s sneakers – 8 child to 7.5 adult
- Mittens and gloves for kids
- Winter Jackets, both genders, especially for teens!
- Girls underwear; 4, 6, 8, 14, 16
- Women’s underwear 6, 7, 8, 9
- Girl’s socks small, medium and large
- Boy’s underwear 4, 6, 8, 10, 12,14
- Teen’s underwear in men’s sizes – x-small, small, medium and large
- Boy’s and Girl’s socks small, medium and large
Our “General” Wish List
- Clothes, all ages (We always need boys pants!)
- Toys, Games and Puzzles (PLEASE – secure all pieces in boxes or bags)
- Shoes, sneakers, boots
- Baby Safety Items (Strollers, Pack&Plays, Safety Gates, Car Seats, High Chairs) We can no longer accept/re-purpose drop sided cribs!
- Children’s Books, and Dictionaries
- Bed-ware and Towels
- Onesies -Newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months and 6-9 months.
- Receiving blankets.
- Baby powder, lotion, diaper rash cream, shampoo and wash clothes.
- Underwear and Socks (Especially for boy teens and in adult sizes)
- We are always running out of infant, toddler, and small kid’s socks.
- Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
- School Supplies and Backpacks
- Arts & Craft Supplies,especially crayons and colored pencils.
- Birthday Gifts (See our Happy Birthday Program)